Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > document.referer or visitor info

document.referer or visitor info

radiox

Hi,

I build a website who can monitor other website's visitors and build
some reports.

I use PHP/MySQL and Javascript.

I am stucked at the point when I have to get the page where the visitor
came from and also the keywords, if the visit was referred by a search
engine.

The second task I kinda have it done IF i will get the referrer string.

I get always 'undefined' or current website's address.

I use a .js file to get the screen resolutions, color, cpu etc.

I have tested it both online and offline.

Can anyone help?

Randy Webb

radiox said the following on 4/25/2006 8:15 AM:
> Hi,
>
> I build a website who can monitor other website's visitors and build
> some reports.
>
> I use PHP/MySQL and Javascript.
>
> I am stucked at the point when I have to get the page where the visitor
> came from and also the keywords, if the visit was referred by a search
> engine.

That should be interesting to say the least. It would be impossible
without help from the search engine itself.

> The second task I kinda have it done IF i will get the referrer string.
>
> I get always 'undefined' or current website's address.

It is document.referrer, not document.referer, note the double r.

> I use a .js file to get the screen resolutions, color, cpu etc.

All of which is irrelevant.

--
Randy

radiox

thanks for your time
i was changing many variables between php and javascript and it was my
mistake actually.

got it sorted