Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Problem with Bookmarklet

Problem with Bookmarklet

Nettar

Hi Everyone,

I have a servlet which accepts a url as a parameter and does something
with it.
I need to pass the parameter via POST.

I want to write a bookmarklet which takes the URL of the current page
and invokes the servlet with that URL via POST.

I tried to achieve this in many ways. But no success.

Can someone kindly assist me?

Thanks,
Jayarama Nettar.

David Dorward

Nettar wrote:
> I need to pass the parameter via POST.
>
> I want to write a bookmarklet which takes the URL of the current page
> and invokes the servlet with that URL via POST.

The only way that springs to mind would be to generate a form using DOM
that has a hidden input containing that URL and place the form at the
very start of the body of the current page - then call the submit
method of that form.