Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Problem calling embedded object methods from an user-defined object - FF

Problem calling embedded object methods from an user-defined object - FF

torbs

I have an defined an object with a method called loadMovie that use a
method - SetUrl- in an embedded quicktime object. It is embedded using
the object tag, but I have also tried the embed tag.

The problem is this. Although Firefox recognise the quicktime object as
a HTMLObjectElement, it does not give me access to it methods from
within my object. I have created a seperate function and when I in that
function type document.movieSetUrl(url) it works OK, but in my
user-defined object it do not allow me access to the methods in the
quicktime plugin. I can however alter styles etc.

Anyone know how I can access the embedded objects methods from within
an user-defined object in Firefox. (It works in Internet Explorer)

Tor

ASM

torbs a écrit :
> I have an defined an object with a method called loadMovie that use a
> method - SetUrl- in an embedded quicktime object. It is embedded using
> the object tag, but I have also tried the embed tag.
>
> The problem is this. Although Firefox recognise the quicktime object as
> a HTMLObjectElement, it does not give me access to it methods from
> within my object. I have created a seperate function and when I in that
> function type document.movieSetUrl(url) it works OK, but in my
> user-defined object it do not allow me access to the methods in the
> quicktime plugin. I can however alter styles etc.
>
> Anyone know how I can access the embedded objects methods from within
> an user-defined object in Firefox. (It works in Internet Explorer)

usually this below works on my Fx :

<object id="mysound1" blah>
<param
<embed
name="mysound1"
src=" ...
</embed>
</objct>

If not, you can try to specify witch element you address to :

function callQT(obj) {
obj = document.all? document.all.obj :
document.embeds? document.embeds[obj] :
document.obj;
return obj;
}

<button onclick="callQT('sound1').movieSetUrl('../sounds/zick1.mid');">
music 1
</button>

<object id="sound1" blah cassiid and all that>
<param ...
<param ...
<embed
name="sound1"