Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Drag and Drop

Drag and Drop

Mitch

Not sure if this has been covered before, but anyone know of, or can recommend,
a tutorial for creating a drag and drop screen with javascript. I had stumbled
on a site some time back, but there may have been some compatibility issues with
IE and other web browsers. I want to avoid investing too much time to find that
only one web browser can do it.

Ivan Marsh

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 11:03:45 -0700, Mitch wrote:

> Not sure if this has been covered before, but anyone know of, or can recommend,
> a tutorial for creating a drag and drop screen with javascript. I had stumbled
> on a site some time back, but there may have been some compatibility issues with
> IE and other web browsers. I want to avoid investing too much time to find that
> only one web browser can do it.

http://openrico.org/rico/demos.page

Mitch

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:38:58 -0500, Ivan Marsh wrote...

>On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 11:03:45 -0700, Mitch wrote:
>
>>Not sure if this has been covered before, but anyone know of, or can recommend,
>>a tutorial for creating a drag and drop screen with javascript. I had stumbled
>>on a site some time back, but there may have been some compatibility issues with
>>IE and other web browsers. I want to avoid investing too much time to find that
>> only one web browser can do it.

>http://openrico.org/rico/demos.page

Thanks for the link. I'll have to check that out against the usual assortment of
IE, Mozilla, Safari and Opera.

fragles

> Not sure if this has been covered before, but anyone know of, or can recommend,
> a tutorial for creating a drag and drop screen with JavaScript. I had stumbled
> on a site some time back, but there may have been some compatibility issues with
> IE and other web browsers. I want to avoid investing too much time to find that
> only one web browser can do it.

There are several multi-browser JavaScript drag and drop libraries.
e.g.:
http://www.walterzorn.com/
http://tool-man.org/

I suggest using one of the existing.
I have used those two in Zorya Java Script Graph library.
http://www.szajkowski.com/

petermichaux@gmail.com

Mitch wrote:
> Not sure if this has been covered before, but anyone know of, or can recommend,
> a tutorial for creating a drag and drop screen with javascript. I had stumbled
> on a site some time back, but there may have been some compatibility issues with
> IE and other web browsers. I want to avoid investing too much time to find that
> only one web browser can do it.

http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/dragdrop/index.html

Mitch

On 24 Apr 2006 11:23:05 -0700, fragles wrote...

>>Not sure if this has been covered before, but anyone know of, or can recommend,
>>a tutorial for creating a drag and drop screen with JavaScript. I had stumbled
>>on a site some time back, but there may have been some compatibility issues with
>>IE and other web browsers. I want to avoid investing too much time to find that
>> only one web browser can do it.

>There are several multi-browser JavaScript drag and drop libraries.
>e.g.:
>http://www.walterzorn.com/
>http://tool-man.org/
>
>I suggest using one of the existing.
>I have used those two in Zorya Java Script Graph library.
>http://www.szajkowski.com/

Appreciate the links fragles. Figure I have a little time for trial and error to
see if I can work with these.

Mitch

On 24 Apr 2006 13:12:50 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote...

>Mitch wrote:
>>Not sure if this has been covered before, but anyone know of, or can recommend,
>>a tutorial for creating a drag and drop screen with javascript. I had stumbled
>>on a site some time back, but there may have been some compatibility issues with
>>IE and other web browsers. I want to avoid investing too much time to find that
>> only one web browser can do it.

>http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/dragdrop/index.html

I'll have the check out the BSD license though and see where I can use that.
Thanks for the help!