Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > What editor for javascript?

What editor for javascript?

Billy Smith

I want to program a few small, stand-alone utility scripts in javascript
to run in Windows Script Host. What is a good, free text editor
that has line numbers and is otherwise convenient for coding
javascript?

Thanks,
Billy

RobG

Billy Smith said on 21/04/2006 2:19 PM AEST:
> I want to program a few small, stand-alone utility scripts in javascript
> to run in Windows Script Host. What is a good, free text editor
> that has line numbers and is otherwise convenient for coding
> javascript?

I use shareware EditPlus: <URL:http://www.editplus.com/> you should pay
for it (USD30) if you keep using it.

For more, Google 'JavaScript free text editor'. Some results, in no
particular order:

HAPedit: <URL:http://hapedit.free.fr/>

PSPad: <URL:http://www.pspad.com/>

Webniac: <URL:http://www.futureality.net/webniac/>

Arachnophilia: <URL:http://www.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/>

HTML-Kit + javascript plugin: <URL:http://www.chami.com/html-kit/>

--
Rob
Group FAQ: <URL:http://www.jibbering.com/FAQ>

[on]

RobG wrote:
> I use shareware EditPlus: <URL:http://www.editplus.com/> you should pay
> for it (USD30) if you keep using it.
>

> For more, Google 'JavaScript free text editor'. Some results, in no
> particular order:
>
> HAPedit: <URL:http://hapedit.free.fr/>
>
> PSPad: <URL:http://www.pspad.com/>
>
> Webniac: <URL:http://www.futureality.net/webniac/>
>
> Arachnophilia: <URL:http://www.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/>
>
> HTML-Kit + javascript plugin: <URL:http://www.chami.com/html-kit/>
>

> --
> Rob
> Group FAQ: <URL:http://www.jibbering.com/FAQ>

Here are some more:

UltraEdit (shareware): <URL:http://www.ultraedit.com/>

SciTE (free): <URL:http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html>

evolvEd (free): <URL:http://home.no/evolved/>

>-----<

SciTE is real nice, when you enable Monospaced Fonts and Linenumbers
(off by default for some reason).

Never used evolvEd, but it's free so why not post it.

UltraEdit, I'm sure you've heard of, everyone rants about how good it
is. Shareware though.

testdll@hotmail.com

It's the best powerful visual AJAX IDE I've seen before. You can
develope your web application in it just like what you do in VB or
Delphi based on its powerful AJAX components libs. And it

also support sourceinsight and it's compatible with IE, Firefox and
Maxthon. Above of all, it's unrelevant with server side.

Here is free trial. http://eng.joyistar.com

[on]

> It's the best powerful visual AJAX IDE I've seen before. You can
> develope your web application in it just like what you do in VB or
> Delphi based on its powerful AJAX components libs. And it
>
> also support sourceinsight and it's compatible with IE, Firefox and
> Maxthon. Above of all, it's unrelevant with server side.
>
> Here is free trial. http://eng.joyistar.com

Fyi: Maxthon is IE.

I don't mind you plugging the IDE you've made, but you could atleast
change the text you paste from time to time. Like this time, the user
requested information about a "editor" for JavaScript/AJAX and you
still pasted the same old text as you always do, you could have given
more information.

info@hmdproducts.com

Notepad++ is good.

http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

optimistx

I use often simultaneusly in a computer with 4 displays:

1) eclipse with js-plugin , recommended by Pointed Ears (thanks!)
http://www.eclipse.org/ and plugin from http://www.interaktonline.com/

2) html-kit with js-plugin,
http://html-kit.com

3) php-designer
http://www.mpsoftware.dk/ (found this using: http://www.php-editors.com/ )

All are free to download.

All have their weaknesses and strengths, and together almost all the desired
features are there. I wish there were 1 program with all the best features
of those 3.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Billy Smith wrote:

> I want to program a few small, stand-alone utility scripts in javascript
> to run in Windows Script Host. What is a good, free text editor
> that has line numbers and is otherwise convenient for coding
> javascript?

Metapad, vim, Eclipse (with JSEclipse plugin). In order of download/install
and project size.

PointedEars

Penguiniator

Billy Smith wrote:

> What is a good, free text editor
> that has line numbers and is otherwise convenient for coding
> javascript?

jEdit, though it requires Java, has a javascript mode. It
supports macros and templates and has numerous plugins for
various functions.

http://www.jedit.org/

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/j...t42install.exe

masonsimon@gmail.com