Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > client file size

client file size

Asterbing

Hi. Is there a way in javascript (or other client-side language) to
check the size of a file designated by a form's file field, prior to
submit it (ie. POST, including file content), for the purpose to reject
the too big one ?

Evertjan.

Asterbing wrote on 16 apr 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:

> Hi. Is there a way in javascript (or other client-side language) to
> check the size of a file designated by a form's file field, prior to
> submit it (ie. POST, including file content), for the purpose to reject
> the too big one ?

No.

This has been answered so many times in this NG. see the archive.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.