Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Having favicon.ico instead of IE.ico on a website

Having favicon.ico instead of IE.ico on a website

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

I have an icon called favicon.ico that i created for a website and it
WORKS but u have to first bookmark the page
before u see the ICON in the URL instead of the IE icon!

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico">

But is it possible for users to see it without first Adding the page to
the favorites!!...
Any ideas..

Martin Dechev

Hi,

"Patrick Olurotimi Ige" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have an icon called favicon.ico that i created for a website and it
> WORKS but u have to first bookmark the page
> before u see the ICON in the URL instead of the IE icon!
>
> <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico">
>
> But is it possible for users to see it without first Adding the page to
> the favorites!!...

It is not possible in Internet Explorer. Some other browsers do show the
shortcut icon in the address bar even if the page is not bookmarked (e.g.
Firefox).

Hope this helps
Martin Dechev
ASP.NET MVP

> Any ideas..

I'm having a problem getting my website onto the internet. Valerie Smith Ruby 1 09-24-2008 08:25 PM
Website starts with directorly listing instead of displaying defaultpage Dennis ASP .Net 1 06-10-2008 02:28 PM
Website on a website. Shawn ASP .Net 3 01-15-2006 04:58 AM
deploying website or copying website? Flip ASP .Net 1 11-22-2005 06:25 PM
Would like to load a datagrid already in edit mode instead of having the user click the edit button Frank Kurka ASP .Net Datagrid Control 8 04-29-2005 09:33 AM

Advertisments