Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > How to made fade in / fade out jpg in table cell

How to made fade in / fade out jpg in table cell

hon123456

Dear all,
I got four jpg file, I want to made them fade in / fade out
continuously and repeatly in the same table cell of html (e.g. in the
same <td></td>) How can I do that in javascript. Please suggest answer,
and if you like, please suggest website contains the source code.

Thanks.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

hon123456 wrote:

> I got four jpg file, I want to made them fade in / fade out
> continuously and repeatly in the same table cell of html (e.g. in the
> same <td></td>) How can I do that in javascript.

It is not a matter of the programming language(s) (J[ava]Script,
ECMAScript) but of the supported Document Object Model (DOM).

> Please suggest answer,

Use window.setTimeout()/setInterval() with .MozOpacity (proprietary)/
opacity (CSS3) for Gecko-based and CSS3 Color-compliant user agents[1],
transition filters for IE-based UAs.

> and if you like, please suggest website contains the source code.

Find a quickhack for Geckos at

<URL:http://pointedears.de/scripts/test/dom/img-transition>

See

<URL:http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/filter/filters.asp>

for code that works with the IE DOM.

PointedEars
[1] CSS3 Color Module is a Candidate Recommendation that is considered
stable now, as revision of the Last Call Working Draft:

<URL:http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-color/>

However, there is no Web standard for a DOM addressing CSS3 Stylesheets,
including the required ECMAScript language binding, as yet:

<URL:http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/current-work#table>

(see the row captioned "CSS-OM")