Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Drag and Drop & Fade

Drag and Drop & Fade

Michael

I would like to create my own system that allows dragging and dropping,
into different cells of a table, much like Yahoo's implementation here:
http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/dragdrop/index.html , however I can't
use that because there can't be any strings attached, at all. If
someone could give me some helpful links or tutorials for this I would
be very grateful.

Likewise I also need to create a fading system (cross-browser) so if
anyone could give me some pointers and some ideas then that would be
great.

petermichaux@gmail.com

Michael wrote:
> I would like to create my own system that allows dragging and dropping,
> into different cells of a table, much like Yahoo's implementation here:
> http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/dragdrop/index.html , however I can't
> use that because there can't be any strings attached, at all.

BSD license is too much?

> If
> someone could give me some helpful links or tutorials for this I would
> be very grateful.

Read the Yahoo! UI library?

Read the Scriptaculous library? MIT license.