Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Drag and Drop with IE

Drag and Drop with IE

Smellyfrog

Hi,

I have tried to find some code to perform a drag and drop with IE from,
let's say a windows explorer window onto a web page.

We have an applet on our page that does the drag and drop file
handling.

What I am trying to do (And I have this working in Firefox), is to hide
the applet (using a div) when I don't need it.

Then, when an onDragOver event is triggered, to make the div containing
the applet visible, allowing the user to drop the file on the applet.

As I said earlier, I have this working in Firefox.

All I have in IE is some kind of an onDrop event detected. The problem
is that when the applet shows it's too late: the file has been dropped
already.

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks
Yannick