Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Sr. Front end developer with Ajax

Sr. Front end developer with Ajax

RK

Req. ID: Req-0349 - Sr. Ajax Front end Developer
Primary Skills: Ajax, XHTML, CSS, Document Object Model, XML, XSLT and
JavaScript , J2EE
with minimum eight years overall and five years experience in Java/J2EE
technologies. This is a potential long term project.

Senior Level front developer with (Very) advanced skills in Ajax, and
must have very good skills and experience in XHTML and CSS; Document
Object Model; XML, XSLT, JavaScript

Candidates must have strong front end development experience.

Must have worked in large scale Enterprise level projects.

Must have worked for longer duration in the projects (Say atleast more
than an year).

It is a great plus point if the candidate has worked on time and
attendance related projects and/or with clients like Kronos, Workbrain
etc dealing with time and attendance products.

Rate: Open, Job Type: Contract, Total Exp: 8 Yrs, US Exp: 5
Yrs, Start Date: ASAP, Duration: 6-12 Months, Number Of Openings:
1, Location: New York, NY
Respond to this requirement.

Best Regards

Ravi Revuri
technodyne, llc
973-305-0400 x 216 (W)
973-960-9415(C)
973-305-0404(F)
Reply to: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Jim Ley

On 24 Mar 2006 09:03:56 -0800, "RK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Not a bad effort, well done to get most of the details in there,
couple of things missing one requirements on visa, and phone numbers
that actually work, but perhaps most importantly you seemed to forget
the rate...

Well done with the agent name and phone number though.

Why do US job adverts never mention the rate? how do people know if
it's worth applying?

Jim.

Martyr2

They do it because they want a chance to low ball you on pay. They
don't tell you, see what you want as rate (which is quite often below
what they are willing to pay) and that way they save cash. However, I
have to question any company who starts advertising short term work,
with that level of requirements, through a newsgroup. Respectable
companies usually have connections already in the industry and can find
experienced applicants with just a few postings with in trade
magazines, publications, and through other companies.

If the phone numbers don't work, like you suggested, that is also
another clue that perhaps it is not all on the up-and-up. Watch
yourself.

Jim Ley

On 24 Mar 2006 09:33:48 -0800, "Martyr2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>They do it because they want a chance to low ball you on pay. They
>don't tell you, see what you want as rate (which is quite often below
>what they are willing to pay) and that way they save cash.

So you're saying that such senior contractors are not in the position
of power here? how very odd, I'm amazed there's such a surplus in new
york, there's not elsewhere.

> However, I
>have to question any company who starts advertising short term work,
>with that level of requirements, through a newsgroup.

Ignoring the fact that advertising isn't welcome in this group, a
newsgroup is a good way of finding people - job agencys are actually
very poor at matching candidates who are not looking to move - the
people on their books are people looking to move.

Trade magazines ceased to be relevant in this industry a long time ago
- I doubt most people here could even name one, let alone subscribe.

If you cannot fill the position through personal contacts, then I'd
say a newsgroup would not be a bad place to try - if they welcomed
adverts of course.

>If the phone numbers don't work, like you suggested,

Well they do work of course, the numbers just don't mention the
country, kind of essential in a global environment.

Jim.

John G Harris

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>, RK
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes

<snip>
>Ravi Revuri
>technodyne, llc
>973-305-0400 x 216 (W)
>973-960-9415(C)
>973-305-0404(F)
>Reply to: (E-Mail Removed)

To answer Jim's comment, notice that one phone number is in centigrade
and the other's in fahrenheit. There's international.

John
--
John Harris