Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > open window problem from flash inside a frame

open window problem from flash inside a frame

Alejandro Vidal

Hi, I have a curius problem, I hava a flash in a html page. In flash I have
a button to open a pop up with this code:

getURL
("javascript:void(window.open('http://www.onePage.com','popwindow','status=y
es,scrollbars=yes,width=800,height=450,resizable=y es'))");

this works perfect always, but now when the page is inside a frame it
doesn't work, doing nothing.

I have tried with:

window.parent.open
window.top.open

calling a function like: "brOpenWindow" declared in the html file

But nothing works, nevertheless I put the same code in the html file and it
works, but in Flash no, but in flash without frames yes !!!

can anybody help me??

Thanks

Riccardo from Castle

Alejandro Vidal wrote:

> Hi, I have a curius problem, I hava a flash in a html page. In flash I have
> a button to open a pop up with this code:
>
> getURL
> ("javascript:void(window.open('http://www.onePage.com','popwindow','status=y
> es,scrollbars=yes,width=800,height=450,resizable=y es'))");
>
> this works perfect always, but now when the page is inside a frame it
> doesn't work, doing nothing.

Well, I tried and it works.

> I have tried with:
>
> window.parent.open
> window.top.open

No need for that. As I said, it should open from the GetURL.
Perhaps it's something wrong in your frameset?