Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Dismiss JavaScript alert?

Dismiss JavaScript alert?

dgmoore@erols.com

How do I dismiss a JavaScript alert onMouseout that has been displayed
onMouseover?

Thanks
Dave

VK

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> How do I dismiss a JavaScript alert onMouseout that has been displayed
> onMouseover?

By clicking "OK" button - this is the only way. I did not meet this
design error since NN3, thanks for a moment of nostalgie.

Use instead "title" attribute:
page</a>

Crazy Code Ninja

Ahh, NN3 , a good ol day *day dreamin*

Randy Webb

VK said the following on 3/16/2006 3:15 PM:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> How do I dismiss a JavaScript alert onMouseout that has been displayed
>> onMouseover?

> By clicking "OK" button - this is the only way.

Are you positive about that? Hit the spacebar or the enter key on an
alert and get back to me

--
Randy

VK

Randy Webb wrote:
> VK said the following on 3/16/2006 3:15 PM:
> > By clicking "OK" button - this is the only way.

> Are you positive about that? Hit the spacebar or the enter key on an
> alert and get back to me

Or press Escape
Read in the extended spiritual way: "explicit user interaction - this
is the only way".

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

VK wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> How do I dismiss a JavaScript alert onMouseout that has been displayed
>> onMouseover?

> By clicking "OK" button - this is the only way. I did not meet this
> design error since NN3, [...]

It is by no means a design error. Stop imposing your fantasies on others.

PointedEars

dismiss calendar control on click already-selected date John Grandy ASP .Net 0 06-08-2007 05:42 PM
j2ee - Connector Architecture: telling container to dismiss connection on error ? sol Java 0 09-26-2005 01:10 PM
OK vs Dismiss Roedy Green Java 9 06-15-2004 08:07 PM
How to dismiss Calendar Control when same date is selected Rick Lubanovic ASP .Net Web Controls 0 10-20-2003 04:01 PM
IBM dismiss Openoffice as childs play Wally NZ Computing 39 09-04-2003 02:06 AM

Advertisments