Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > grey-out/disabled item in listbox

grey-out/disabled item in listbox

acord

Hi,

Is there such thing that an item in the listbox is disabled and is
appeared grey-out?

How can I implement this in html/javascript?

Thanks

TheBagbournes

acord wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there such thing that an item in the listbox is disabled and is
> appeared grey-out?
>
> How can I implement this in html/javascript?
>
> Thanks

You mean an item in a select (there's no such thing in HTML as a "listbox")?

If so, try disabling it

<select....>
<option disabled value="1">One</option>
</select>

acord

TheBagbournes wrote:
> acord wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there such thing that an item in the listbox is disabled and is
>> appeared grey-out?
>>
>> How can I implement this in html/javascript?
>>
>> Thanks

> You mean an item in a select (there's no such thing in HTML as a
> "listbox")?
>
> If so, try disabling it
>
> <select....>
> <option disabled value="1">One</option>
> </select>

Yup, it works. thanks for your help.

acord

TheBagbournes wrote:
> acord wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there such thing that an item in the listbox is disabled and is
>> appeared grey-out?
>>
>> How can I implement this in html/javascript?
>>
>> Thanks

> You mean an item in a select (there's no such thing in HTML as a
> "listbox")?
>
> If so, try disabling it
>
> <select....>
> <option disabled value="1">One</option>
> </select>

Hi, just found out this is only work with Firefox. How to get this to
work under IE?

Thanks