Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > recovery content of textarea with overflow:hidden style

recovery content of textarea with overflow:hidden style

stefanomnn@yahoo.it

hello,
i have a tetxtarea, with the style overflow:hidden, and a long text.

because of the overflow, user does not see the whole text but a part.

is there, in an IE browser, a mode to recovery the effective text
than user see?

Thanks

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

> i have a tetxtarea, with the style overflow:hidden, and a long text.
>
> because of the overflow, user does not see the whole text but a part.
>
> is there, in an IE browser, a mode to recovery the effective text
> than user see?

The `value' property of the corresponding element object should always
be the content of the element, no matter how it is rendered.

Since you already know that the `textarea' element can contain a long
text, why are you not omitting overflow:hidden in the first place?

PointedEars
--
Advice for Google Groups posters:
<URL:http://jibbering.com/faq/faq_notes/pots1.html#ps1Post>

stefanomnn@yahoo.it

Hi, thanks for your answere!

my problem is that textarea should be similar to a simple text...
without scrollbars....
i wasn't able to think an other way...
the bug of this method is that i can't add (...) if the text is
trunced!