Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Need form onClick output to be on the same page as the form

Need form onClick output to be on the same page as the form

John

Hi

I have forgotten how to do this.

Got a <form ... >
with
<input type="button" name="Hit Me" onclick="whatever()">
</form>

The output of the Javascript function 'whatever' appears on a separate
page.

I need it to go below the form on the same page.

Help.

John

McKirahan

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I have forgotten how to do this.
>
> Got a <form ... >
> with
> <input type="button" name="Hit Me" onclick="whatever()">
> </form>
>
> The output of the Javascript function 'whatever' appears on a separate
> page.
>
> I need it to go below the form on the same page.
>
> Help.

Show us "function whatever()".

Hal Rosser

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I have forgotten how to do this.
>
> Got a <form ... >
> with
> <input type="button" name="Hit Me" onclick="whatever()">
> </form>
>
> The output of the Javascript function 'whatever' appears on a separate
> page.
>
> I need it to go below the form on the same page.
>
> Help.
>
> John

If you put a text area on the page, you can put the output in it.

John

Hi

Thanks. I just to need to output a reply so an already defined text area
will do it.
I knew there was an obvious way to do it.

Thanks.

John

Dr John Stockton

JRS: In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, dated Wed, 8 Mar
2006 14:41:00 remote, seen in news:comp.lang.javascript, McKirahan
<(E-Mail Removed)> posted :
>"John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> I have forgotten how to do this.
>>
>> Got a <form ... >
>> with
>> <input type="button" name="Hit Me" onclick="whatever()">
>> </form>
>>
>> The output of the Javascript function 'whatever' appears on a separate
>> page.
>>
>> I need it to go below the form on the same page.

>Show us "function whatever()".

If you had read and understood the newsgroup FAQ, you could have given a
useful answer.

Dr John Stockton

JRS: In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, dated
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 13:39:06 remote, seen in news:comp.lang.javascript,
McKirahan <(E-Mail Removed)> posted :
>"Dr John Stockton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> JRS: In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, dated Wed, 8 Mar
>> 2006 14:41:00 remote, seen in news:comp.lang.javascript, McKirahan
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> posted :
>> >"John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> >Show us "function whatever()".

>> If you had read and understood the newsgroup FAQ, you could have given a
>> useful answer.

>There you go again, John: Always criticizing, rarely contributing.

You find that you are regularly criticised because of the low quality of
so much of what you post. You post in haste, and you do not read
enough. Your wisdom matches Thomas Lahn's tact.

My response above, if read intelligently, reveals all that it is
necessary to tell the enquirer : that the answer is given by the
newsgroup FAQ.

>It was stated that the
>"output of the Javascript function 'whatever' appears on a separate page."
>thus, there is some logic within the unshown function that is causing it;
>perhaps a "document.write" or "window.open()" statement.
>
>Asking to see the function would be a step toward identifying the problem.

Because we regulars here do not have the failings that you have just
been described as showing, we already know what the problem is and what
the solution is and where the solution is briefly described with a link
to much more.

By your answer, you reveal your own incompetence.

As it happens, I needed the relevant solution myself several years ago.
I don't recall now whether I initiated the discussion or just joined in;
but it was then that Jim Ley produced the code in the FAQ and indeed
IIRC the FAQ entry itself.

Note that none of the regulars here thought, under the circumstances,
that the question was worth answering yet again in News. HR did provide
a serviceable answer, but one of limited applicability; it suffices
instead of writing into a simple <pre>...</pre>, for example, but it
could not provide a table such as in holidays.htm or output matching
js-clndr.htm#Ck .

Now stop your infantile Merkin whining, and set about learning enough to
be able to make worthwhile and reliable contributions.

John W. Kennedy

Dr John Stockton wrote:
> Now stop your infantile Merkin whining,

As an American, myself, allow me to say that you're a complete wanker.

--
John W. Kennedy
"O may the children of Columbia still
Be taught by every teacher of mankind,
Each circumstance of calculative gain,
Or wounded pride, which prompted our oppressors:
May every child be taught to lisp the tale:
And may, in times to come, no foreign force,
No European influence, tempt to mistate,
Or awe the tongue of eloquence to silence.
Still may our children's children deep abhor
The motives, doubly deep detest the actors;
Ever remembering, that the race who plan'd,
Who acquiesced, or did the deeds abhor'd,
Has pass'd from off the earth; and, in its stead,
Stand men who challenge love or detestation
But from their proper, individual deeds.
Never let memory of the sire's offence
Descend upon the son."
-- William Dunlap. "André: a Tragedy in Five Acts" (179