Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Safari, hidden iframe, submit form target = iframe

Safari, hidden iframe, submit form target = iframe

chris.alex.thomas@gmail.com

Hi,

I've got a page here

http://kosh.kmem.org/uploadprogress/index.php

it lets you upload small 200,000 byte files to it, on windows, in
firefox and IE, it works perfectly, on linux, in firefox, it works the
great too, but on konqueror from KDE, when you click the submit link,
it opens in a new window, since Safari on apple is the same code base,
it does the same thing.

So I'm wondering why KHTML based browsers are doing this and does
anyone know how I can fix this problem? thanks

you'll find in the page's source code all the relevant source code for
the html, the javascript and everything else client side, please take a
look and let me know if you find anything interesting.

chris

PS: (anyone trying to upload a file more than 200,000 bytes in size,
will get undefined results, since I've not really put into place a
proper feedback system for this event yet)