Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > maintain state

maintain state

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

hey all,

i was wondering what are some ways to maintain state between a public site
and a secured site? (Best practices and resources are welcomed).

thanks,
rodchar

Kevin Spencer

Could you rephrase the question? I know what maintaining state is, but I
have no idea what maintaining state between a public and a secured site is.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

"rodchar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hey all,
>
> i was wondering what are some ways to maintain state between a public site
> and a secured site? (Best practices and resources are welcomed).
>
> thanks,
> rodchar

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

for instance, we have a payment page that rests on our secure site (SSL 443)
but the rest of the site is on our public web server. what if some summary
info needs to be passed to the secured site how does that work? Or would you
not want to pass info that way?

thanks,
rodchar

"Kevin Spencer" wrote:

> Could you rephrase the question? I know what maintaining state is, but I
> have no idea what maintaining state between a public and a secured site is.
>
> --
> HTH,
> Kevin Spencer
> ..Net Developer
> Microsoft MVP
> Neither a follower
> nor a lender be.
>
> "rodchar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > hey all,
> >
> > i was wondering what are some ways to maintain state between a public site
> > and a secured site? (Best practices and resources are welcomed).
> >
> > thanks,
> > rodchar

Kevin Spencer

Ah, you don't want to maintain state. You want to pass data from one web app
to another. So, the real issue is messaging. If the data is not sensitive,
you can pass it via QueryString or Form Post. If the data is sensitive, you
may want to encrypt it, if the 2 apps are on different servers. You could
use Windows Messaging Services to send the data securely. You could pass
data via SQL Server database. That's a few ideas.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer
..Net Developer
Microsoft MVP
Neither a follower
nor a lender be.

"rodchar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> for instance, we have a payment page that rests on our secure site (SSL

443)
> but the rest of the site is on our public web server. what if some summary
> info needs to be passed to the secured site how does that work? Or would

you
> not want to pass info that way?
>
> thanks,
> rodchar
>
> "Kevin Spencer" wrote:
>
> > Could you rephrase the question? I know what maintaining state is, but I
> > have no idea what maintaining state between a public and a secured site

is.

> > --
> > HTH,
> > Kevin Spencer
> > ..Net Developer
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Neither a follower
> > nor a lender be.
> >
> > "rodchar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > hey all,
> > >
> > > i was wondering what are some ways to maintain state between a public

site
> > > and a secured site? (Best practices and resources are welcomed).
> > >
> > > thanks,
> > > rodchar

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

thank you, this helped.