Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Ajax communicate with seperate webpage

Ajax communicate with seperate webpage

sam

Hi,

How can I use XMLHttpRequest communicate from webpage to another?
Currently I have a left/right frames, when the submit button pressed
(item is added to the database), the left frame should automatically
retrieve this item and display it on the page. I thought of using Ajax
(XMLHttpRequest object), but not sure how to use XMLHttpRequest object
in two different webpages.

Thanks
Sam

David Dorward

sam wrote:

> How can I use XMLHttpRequest communicate from webpage to another?

XMLHttpRequest sends HTTP requests to a server and receives the response.

Oh dear. http://www.allmyfaqs.net/faq.pl?Prob...h_using_frames

> , when the submit button pressed (item is added to the database), the left
> frame should automatically retrieve this item and display it on the page.

No need for XMLHttpRequest. No need for JavaScript for that matter.

<form ... target="name_of_frame_on_left">

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is