Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > time selector

time selector

quickcur@yahoo.com

Hi all:

There are many javascript date selector available which help you input
date in a text field. And we see a lot of this on travel site when you
select date for air ticket. Could anyone point me a time selector? I am
looking for something that can input time as 12:00:00 AM.

Thanks,

qq

Lee

>Hi all:
>
>There are many javascript date selector available which help you input
>date in a text field. And we see a lot of this on travel site when you
>select date for air ticket. Could anyone point me a time selector? I am
>looking for something that can input time as 12:00:00 AM.

Can you be more specific about what you want that you can't get
from an HTML Select box?

McKirahan

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi all:
>
> There are many javascript date selector available which help you input
> date in a text field. And we see a lot of this on travel site when you
> select date for air ticket. Could anyone point me a time selector? I am
> looking for something that can input time as 12:00:00 AM.
>
> Thanks,
>
> qq

http://www.aspfaq.com/5003

Also, Google is your friend.

Matt Kruse

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Could anyone point me a time selector?

When people request this, I've always wondered why?

Why do you want a selector for time? Why not just drop-down boxes, at the
very most?
A date picker makes sense because a calendar is visual and makes it easier
to recognize and select appropriate dates.

Any visual representation of a time selector that I can imagine always turns
out to be more cumbersome than a plain text field.

--
Matt Kruse
http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com

quickcur@yahoo.com

I want a time selector, something similiar to the Date selector we see
a lot when booking air tickets.

Thanks,

qq

Randy Webb

(E-Mail Removed) said the following on 1/17/2006 12:49 PM:
> Hi all:
>
> There are many javascript date selector available which help you input
> date in a text field. And we see a lot of this on travel site when you
> select date for air ticket. Could anyone point me a time selector? I am
> looking for something that can input time as 12:00:00 AM.

<input type="text" name="timeHours">:
<input type="text" name="timeMinutes">:
<input type="text" name="timeSeconds">:
<input type="text" name="ampm">

--
Randy

Lee

(E-Mail Removed) said:

>I want a time selector, something similiar to the Date selector we see
>a lot when booking air tickets.

We don't book air tickets a lot.

quickcur@yahoo.com

It is more cumbersome to ask user to input time in the format of
12:00:00

Randy Webb

(E-Mail Removed) said the following on 1/17/2006 4:32 PM:

Please quote what you are replying to.

"Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at
the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the
article headers.

> It is more cumbersome to ask user to input time in the format of
> 12:00:00

If your users are too stupid to type in the time, you don't need a time
selector, you need to spend that time educating your users.

Contrary to your beliefs, most people *do* know how to correctly enter time.

--
Randy

quickcur@yahoo.com

Most people do not know what IS the correct time format