Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > JScript.Net (JScript 7.0) is official documented language

JScript.Net (JScript 7.0) is official documented language

VK

It seems that MSDN finished documentation migration, so one may want to
update the reference bookmarks.

JScript 5.6 is no longer the official documented release (all links are
404). All documentation is migrated and updated at:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/jscript7/html/jsoriJScript.asp>

Just FYI

P.S. If your browser is now IE 5.5 or higher the navigation will be far
of comfortable, also some pages may miss some content.

Martin Honnen

VK wrote:

> JScript 5.6 is no longer the official documented release (all links are
> 404).

I can find the JScript docs fine here:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/1e9b3876-3d38-4fd8-8596-1bbfe2330aa9.asp>

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

VK wrote:

> It seems that MSDN finished documentation migration, so one may want to
> update the reference bookmarks.
>
> JScript 5.6 is no longer the official documented release (all links are
> 404).

<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/29f83a2c-48c5-49e2-9ae0-7371d2cda2ff.asp>

works OK here. Used links to get there:

microsoft.com
--> MSDN Online
--> Library
--> Web Development
--> Scripting
--> JScript
--> JScript Language Reference

The old URLs stopped working about a _month_ ago:

news:(E-Mail Removed)

PointedEars

VK

Martin Honnen wrote:
> I can find the JScript docs fine here:
> <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/1e9b3876-3d38-4fd8-8596-1bbfe2330aa9.asp>

Or you can use the wayback machine at <www.archive.org> The issue is
not that JScript 5.6 documentation is not available anymore by any
means. The issue is - what documentation Microsoft *wants* do display -
thus hold a responsability for it (oh well, at least an imaginary one
.

As Microsoft server is really a cluster with possible cross-caching
(plus caching on ISP's proxies) the old links will be flickering for a
while (one time OK, another time noop). For instance the link I used
last 2 years:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/js56jslrfjscriptlanguagereference.asp>

became final 404 (after a week of flickering) only today morning.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

VK wrote:

> Martin Honnen wrote:
>> I can find the JScript docs fine here:

<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/1e9b3876-3d38-4fd8-8596-1bbfe2330aa9.asp>

> Or you can use the wayback machine at <www.archive.org> The issue is
> not that JScript 5.6 documentation is not available anymore by any
> means. The issue is - what documentation Microsoft *wants* do display -

You are talking nonsense again. The documentation Microsoft wants to be
displayed is linked to. Which includes the JScript 5.6 Guide/Reference,
of course.

PointedEars