Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Javascript Libraries

Javascript Libraries

Matt Silberstein

Are there any good qualities libraries out there, free or for
"reasonable" cost?

--
Matt Silberstein

Do something today about the Darfur Genocide

http://www.beawitness.org
http://www.darfurgenocide.org
http://www.savedarfur.org

"Darfur: A Genocide We can Stop"

Randy Webb

http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com/

--
Randy

Matt Kruse

Matt Silberstein wrote:
> Are there any good qualities libraries out there, free or for
> "reasonable" cost?

To do what?

--
Matt Kruse
http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com

Matt Silberstein

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 03:06:07 -0600, in comp.lang.javascript , "Matt
Kruse" <(E-Mail Removed)> in <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Matt Silberstein wrote:
>> Are there any good qualities libraries out there, free or for
>> "reasonable" cost?

>To do what?

Yeah, I know, I should have said a bit more. I have in mind a consumer
oriented service site, so I have lots of general needs. I would much
rather use a well developed library than write my own so I can
concentrate on the, I hope, original stuff. So I am looking for a
variety of things. I have a vague need, vague responses are probably
good enough.

--
Matt Silberstein

Do something today about the Darfur Genocide

http://www.beawitness.org
http://www.darfurgenocide.org
http://www.savedarfur.org

"Darfur: A Genocide We can Stop"

Matt Silberstein

On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 01:06:02 -0500, in comp.lang.javascript , Randy
Webb <(E-Mail Removed)> in
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Matt Silberstein said the following on 1/9/2006 12:47 AM:
>> Are there any good qualities libraries out there, free or for
>> "reasonable" cost?

>http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com/

Thanks, somehow I did not have that one.

--

Matt Silberstein wrote:
>> http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com/

> Thanks, somehow I did not have that one.

Check back in the coming weeks, too, as I am nearly done creating the new
site from scratch and improving on much of the code.

--
Matt Kruse
http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com
http://www.AjaxToolbox.com

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Matt Silberstein wrote:

> [...] "Matt Kruse" [...] wrote:
>>Matt Silberstein wrote:
>>> Are there any good qualities libraries out there, free or for
>>> "reasonable" cost?

>> To do what?

> Yeah, I know, I should have said a bit more. I have in mind a consumer
> oriented service site, [...]

First of all, a consumer-oriented service site does not _depend_ on
client-side JS/ECMAScript support.

PointedEars

Randy Webb

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn said the following on 1/9/2006 4:12 PM:
> Matt Silberstein wrote:
>

>>[...] "Matt Kruse" [...] wrote:

>>>To do what?

>>Yeah, I know, I should have said a bit more. I have in mind a consumer
>>oriented service site, [...]

> First of all, a consumer-oriented service site does not _depend_ on
> client-side JS/ECMAScript support.

Question: What does that have to do with anything in this thread?
Answer: Nothing.
Question: Why does TL post such unrelated gibberish?
Answer: He knows no better yet?

--
Randy

Matt Kruse

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> First of all, a consumer-oriented service site does not _depend_ on
> client-side JS/ECMAScript support.

Oops, you forgot to write "in my opinion".

A web site depends on whatever the hell it wants to, whether you agree with
it or not.

--
Matt Kruse

Matt Kruse wrote:

> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
>> First of all, a consumer-oriented service site does not _depend_ on
>> client-side JS/ECMAScript support.

> Oops, you forgot to write "in my opinion".

No, I did not. Forcing consumers to have client-side JS/ECMAScript support
to use the service is _not_ consumer-oriented, from a very objective point
of view.

PointedEars