Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > disable help in netscape

disable help in netscape

vivek1.ks@gmail.com

I am creating a webbased application. What I want to do is while
pressing the F1 key the help page created by me should popup. It should
not forward to default help of the brouser.

How can I do that

Janwillem Borleffs

> I am creating a webbased application. What I want to do is while
> pressing the F1 key the help page created by me should popup. It
> should not forward to default help of the brouser.

window.onkeypress = function (e) {
if (e.keyCode == e.DOM_VK_F1) {
// Do your stuff here
return false;
}
return true;
}

But, think again before modifying default behaviour. What if the user really
wants to get browser help? A better option would be to implement a Help
button in the application.

JW