Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ViewState Corrupted in Web Farm

ViewState Corrupted in Web Farm

=?Utf-8?B?TWFnZGVsaW4=?=

Hi,

I get a Viewstate corrupted error on the Web servers(Win2K3, IIS 6.0,
Application Center 2K SP1, ASP.NET) configured for NLB with no afinity/sticky
sessions.

****Note: The servers are already configured with single/common machine key
and App Center 2000 SP2 will be installed this week.****

Complete Error Description:
--------------------------------

1) Exception Information
Exception Type: System.Web.HttpUnhandledException
ErrorCode: -2147467259
Message: Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown.
TargetSite: Boolean HandleError(System.Exception)
HelpLink: NULL

Source: System.Web

StackTrace Information
at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.Htt pApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean&
completedSynchronously)

2) Exception Information
Exception Type: System.Web.HttpException
ErrorCode: -2147467259
Message: The viewstate is invalid for this page and might be corrupted.
TargetSite: System.Object LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium()
HelpLink: NULL
Source: System.Web

StackTrace Information
at System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMed ium()
at System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageViewState()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain().

Thanks in advance for suggestions and pointers.
Magdelin

Kumar Reddi

When are you getting this error. Are you doing any Server.Transfer?
--
Kumar Reddi
http://kumarreddi.blogspot.com

"Magdelin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I get a Viewstate corrupted error on the Web servers(Win2K3, IIS 6.0,
> Application Center 2K SP1, ASP.NET) configured for NLB with no

afinity/sticky
> sessions.
>
> ****Note: The servers are already configured with single/common machine

key
> and App Center 2000 SP2 will be installed this week.****
>
> Complete Error Description:
> --------------------------------
>
> 1) Exception Information
> Exception Type: System.Web.HttpUnhandledException
> ErrorCode: -2147467259
> Message: Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown.
> TargetSite: Boolean HandleError(System.Exception)
> HelpLink: NULL
>
> Source: System.Web
>
> StackTrace Information
> at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
> at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
> at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
> at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
> at

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.Htt pApplication+IExecutionSte
p.Execute()
> at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean&
> completedSynchronously)
>
> 2) Exception Information
> Exception Type: System.Web.HttpException
> ErrorCode: -2147467259
> Message: The viewstate is invalid for this page and might be corrupted.
> TargetSite: System.Object LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium()
> HelpLink: NULL
> Source: System.Web
>
> StackTrace Information
> at System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMed ium()
> at System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageViewState()
> at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain().
>
> Thanks in advance for suggestions and pointers.
> Magdelin

=?Utf-8?B?TWFnZGVsaW4=?=

Hi Kumar,

I am not sure. It could have been a server.transfer or a postback.
Application very rarely uses response.redirect. Error occurs when the user
works with the website deployed on production servers, configured for NLB. I
am not allowed to debug the application from the production server. So, I am
not sure when and why this error occurs.

I would also like to add that, this error occurs just 2 or 3 times a day and
to my knowledge I have not used HttpServerUtility.Transfer with "preserve
querystring and form collections" option.

I am familiar with the following KB articles:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...en-us;316920(I have not
tried enableViewStateMac=false yet.)

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;812399 ( I am not
sure if this fix applies to me as I am not using long decimals)

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;829743 (I have not
tried enableViewStateMac=false yet.)

Thanks.
Magdelin