Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > FEAR - real world gameplay benchmarks at bit-tech

FEAR - real world gameplay benchmarks at bit-tech

Silverstrand Silverstrand is offline
Senior Member
Silverstrand's Avatar
Location: Wisconsin

Rather than synthetic 'stress test' benchmarks which don't test the CPU and cut out sound, we've gone into a deeper level of detail, with our real-world experiences chronicled across a whole range of high-end and mid-range graphics cards and CPUs.
We've combined a frame-rate test with a guide to 'best playable settings' for the cards, giving the graphics card buyer a far more detailed idea of performance than simple synthetic benchmarks alone.
This is a must-read for anyone interested in the hottest FPS of the year!

Quote: "The Radeon X800XL was smoother than NVIDIA's GeForce 6800 GT, but both video cards delivered the same highest playable settings. We found that we had to lower some of the in-game graphics settings if we wanted to enable 2xAA on these video cards. There seems to be more scope to enable 2xAA on the Radeon X800XL, though."
Link: http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2005/10/24/fear/1.html

Gez Gez is offline
Senior Member

HAHA, ya my X800XL 512mb Hybrid runs at and average of 35fps playing FEAR at "Maximum" Graphical settings. High end was 72fps, low end 12fps.