Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Setting form width?

Setting form width?

John Murray

I am a complete javascript newbie figuring out how to do what my team needs
as we go along.

I recently created a page with drop down menus that call up swf pages. The
problem is, I have more than one menu, and the drop down boxes are not the
same length. I've tried the standard html width command, and have not been
able to find a way to specify the width.

Can anyone please tell me how to set it, or point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

John

McKirahan

"John Murray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am a complete javascript newbie figuring out how to do what my team

needs
> as we go along.
>
> I recently created a page with drop down menus that call up swf pages.

The
> problem is, I have more than one menu, and the drop down boxes are not the
> same length. I've tried the standard html width command, and have not

been
> able to find a way to specify the width.
>
> Can anyone please tell me how to set it, or point me in the right

direction?

> Thanks,
>
> John

look into CSS

Randy Webb

John Murray said the following on 12/13/2005 4:53 PM:
> I am a complete javascript newbie figuring out how to do what my team needs
> as we go along.
>
> I recently created a page with drop down menus that call up swf pages. The
> problem is, I have more than one menu, and the drop down boxes are not the
> same length. I've tried the standard html width command, and have not been
> able to find a way to specify the width.
>
> Can anyone please tell me how to set it, or point me in the right direction?

Add blank spaces to one of your options. The select will take the length
of the text of the longest option as its width.

--
Randy