Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Detect Browser Text Size Change

Detect Browser Text Size Change

vbGansta

Hi there,

What is the best way to detect when a user changes the text size of their
browser. I need to Resize/Move things when they do this so grids and such
don't overlap each other. Thanks for your help.

Joe

Curt_C [MVP]

That's a clientside event... dont think you can. Unless the resize causes a
refresh you wont get this with ASP.NET

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

"vbGansta" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OVOz$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there,
>
> What is the best way to detect when a user changes the text size of their
> browser. I need to Resize/Move things when they do this so grids and such
> don't overlap each other. Thanks for your help.
>
> Joe

vbGansta

Thanks for the reply Curt. So how do you handle text size changes. Do you
just allow enough space so they never run together or what?

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> That's a clientside event... dont think you can. Unless the resize causes

> refresh you wont get this with ASP.NET
>
> --
> Curt Christianson
> Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software
> Site: http://www.Darkfalz.com
> Blog: http://blog.Darkfalz.com
>

> "vbGansta" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OVOz$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi there,
> >
> > What is the best way to detect when a user changes the text size of

their
> > browser. I need to Resize/Move things when they do this so grids and

such
> > don't overlap each other. Thanks for your help.
> >
> > Joe

bruce barker

normally you use tables, which will reflow the text.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"vbGansta" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eU2$(E-Mail Removed)...
| Thanks for the reply Curt. So how do you handle text size changes. Do
you
| just allow enough space so they never run together or what?

| "Curt_C [MVP]" <software_AT_darkfalz.com> wrote in message
| news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
| > That's a clientside event... dont think you can. Unless the resize
causes
| > refresh you wont get this with ASP.NET
| >
| > --
| > Curt Christianson
| > Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software
| > Site: http://www.Darkfalz.com
| > Blog: http://blog.Darkfalz.com
| >

| > "vbGansta" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > news:OVOz$(E-Mail Removed)...
| > > Hi there,
| > >
| > > What is the best way to detect when a user changes the text size of
| their
| > > browser. I need to Resize/Move things when they do this so grids and
| such
| > > don't overlap each other. Thanks for your help.
| > >
| > > Joe

David Wier

My suggestion would be to NOT use absolute positioning in your web page/site
creation.

David Wier
MCP, MVP ASP.NET, ASPInsider
http://aspnet101.com