Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > pass values back to parent window

pass values back to parent window

=?Utf-8?B?bG91aXNlIHJhaXNiZWNr?=

I want to open up a little window so the user can choose something. So I will
use javascript window.open to open up another aspx. However when they close
this i want to map some text box values on this page to some text box values
on the parent aspx. I have no idea how i would do this. any ideas? thank you.

parshuram

hi louise,

u need to use window.opener function of javascript, chk this link for more
details :

http://www.vbcity.com/forums/topic.a...indow%2Eopener

"louise raisbeck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news(E-Mail Removed)...
> I want to open up a little window so the user can choose something. So I

will
> use javascript window.open to open up another aspx. However when they

close
> this i want to map some text box values on this page to some text box

values
> on the parent aspx. I have no idea how i would do this. any ideas? thank

you.

=?Utf-8?B?bG91aXNlIHJhaXNiZWNr?=

very helpful. thank you.