Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > How to make HTML page NOT to be included in window.history()?

How to make HTML page NOT to be included in window.history()?

contactabbas@gmail.com

Hi Gurus,

How can I make an HTML page NOT to be included in window.history()?

My requirement : Suppose the user navigates from :
Page A --> Page B --> Page C and presses a browser "Back" btn while on
page C, s/he should be taken back to page A (not page B). So, I should
tell that I donot want to store page B in window.history(). How can I
do this?

Thanks, Abbas

Mick White

> Hi Gurus,
>
> How can I make an HTML page NOT to be included in window.history()?
>
> My requirement : Suppose the user navigates from :
> Page A --> Page B --> Page C and presses a browser "Back" btn while on
> page C, s/he should be taken back to page A (not page B). So, I should
> tell that I donot want to store page B in window.history(). How can I
> do this?
>
> Thanks, Abbas

location.replace(url)

perhaps?
Mick

Randy Webb

(E-Mail Removed) said the following on 11/28/2005 12:57 PM:
> Hi Gurus,
>
> How can I make an HTML page NOT to be included in window.history()?

Don't open it.

> My requirement : Suppose the user navigates from :
> Page A --> Page B --> Page C and presses a browser "Back" btn while on
> page C, s/he should be taken back to page A (not page B). So, I should
> tell that I donot want to store page B in window.history(). How can I
> do this?

document.location.replace() and then deal with it if JS is disabled.

--
Randy