Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Unable to enter data.

Unable to enter data.

hawkesed

Hi All,
I am having a problem with an asp.net application that we have that
uses javascript. The problem is that the users sometimes can not enter
data in to some text box fields. Its like they are read only. The
interesting thing is that if we have the users clear their cache, then
they are able to enter data again.
We use Internet Explorer. Is this an issue with IE?
Has anyone else ever seen this behavior?
What causes this behavior?
Thanks in advance for any input at all.
Cheers,
Ed

Joshie Surber

> users sometimes can not enter data in to some text box fields

Of course, you have already checked for any onkey[up|down|press] events
that may not be returning true due to an error or something. Make sure
IE isn't hiding error messages (and your script doesn't hide them
either) and keep an eye on your status line. Put alert('flag') messages
in your data validation functions... something may be getting blocked
there.

Hope something here helps... sorry I can't do better but I don't have
Windoze around to test any of this stuff out. Maybe if you post a URL
someone could be of more help.