Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > Modding, Where to next? What happened to it? What is it r...

Modding, Where to next? What happened to it? What is it r...

10-24-2005

Quote: “This isn't really an article, more of something to think about. Things that I observe, questions that I would like answered. Taking a look around the modding community you can see lots of things, the major thing you can see is that modding is becoming more and more mainstream. Is this a good thing? There are 2 TV shows that I know of that are dedicated to modding, but it still is not fully mainstream yet. Some consider it an art form, some consider it a hobby and some say 'What's modding?' Browsing all the forums I see lots and lots of mods, some are great and some are not so great. I see many people modding their computers with some theme in mind, some pull it off well and others do not…"
Article URL: http://www.thinkcomputers.org/beta/h...articles&id=19