Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > help for a function (i think easy) in javascript

help for a function (i think easy) in javascript

Evertjan.

yoyoyo wrote on 24 okt 2005 in comp.lang.javascript:
> hey, i told u that i don't know javascript and that i just want to
> learn how to do this function..if someone gave me an idea about how to
> do it i would do it more quickly for sure! i just don't want to read an
> whole tutorial for just discover later that i could read just 3 or 4
> pages!

You couldn't discover that, since, as we told you, it does not work that
way. You will have to learn javascript to program in it, or have someone do
the programming for you. And the latter usually is not a free gift.

> it's the first time that i see people waste time to tell me that i
> shouldn't ask for help instead to "waste" it trying to help me..

You must be a lucky guy,
while asking for help and not listening to the help that is offered,
and knowing exactly what answers you want,
never yet having been shown otherwise before.

There must be a first time for everything.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Dr John Stockton

JRS: In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>
, dated Mon, 24 Oct 2005 05:32:08, seen in news:comp.lang.javascript,
yoyoyo <(E-Mail Removed)> posted :
>i'm using google group, where u can see both the question and the
>reply..
>just forget about my post ok?
>if u don't want to help me, i told u, no problem.. in this world u r
>not the only one..

If you write in English, with capital letters and only appropriate
abbreviations; and if you read the newsgroup FAQ to find out how we like
posts to be formatted, and use "Slow Options" then "Reply", then we
might well take a real interest in your problem.

Here we by default deal with Web javascript, and microsoft.something
deals more with WSH javascript.

Lee

yoyoyo said:

>Lee ha scritto:

>> Since you're asking for help, and presumably not trying to annoy
>> people, please type full words, rather than "u" for "you", and
>> follow standard capitalization standards.

>hey, i told u that i don't know javascript and that i just want to
>learn how to do this function..if someone gave me an idea about how to
>do it i would do it more quickly for sure!

Nonsense. If you don't know javascript, just giving you an idea of
how to do it isn't going to help you at all. I don't speak Italian.
Do you suppose that somebody just "giving me an idea" of how to
write an Italian opera is going to do me any good?

>and about the u instead of you, i just do what i feel like doing..i'm
>used to do that i'm not gonna change it just because your post!

That's your decision of course. Just be aware that many people will
ignore your questions if they don't like the way they're written.
We just do what we feel like doing, too.

yoyoyo

Lee ha scritto:

> yoyoyo said:
> >

> >Lee ha scritto:

> >> Since you're asking for help, and presumably not trying to annoy
> >> people, please type full words, rather than "u" for "you", and
> >> follow standard capitalization standards.

> >hey, i told u that i don't know javascript and that i just want to
> >learn how to do this function..if someone gave me an idea about how to
> >do it i would do it more quickly for sure!

> Nonsense. If you don't know javascript, just giving you an idea of
> how to do it isn't going to help you at all. I don't speak Italian.
> Do you suppose that somebody just "giving me an idea" of how to
> write an Italian opera is going to do me any good?
>
> >and about the u instead of you, i just do what i feel like doing..i'm
> >used to do that i'm not gonna change it just because your post!

> That's your decision of course. Just be aware that many people will
> ignore your questions if they don't like the way they're written.
> We just do what we feel like doing, too.

ok, ok, guys..
shiiit! i didn't want to offend anybody..i was just looking for some
help..really, i cannot understand all the things u r telling
me..sometimes it happened that i helped guys that just wrote to receive
help without having tried to really solve it..just cause i knew how to
do it!

i told u! let's forget my post, if u don't like how i wrote it..

but don't tell me about "italian opera" or stupid things like
that..cause it doesn't make sense at all!

have fun, guys!
teo