Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > onselectstart="return false" ondragstart="return

onselectstart="return false" ondragstart="return

yingjian.ma1955@gmail.com

When I want to disable the select functionality, Can I just use
onselectstart="return false"? I tried it and it works. But it seems
people always put onselectstart="return false" ondragstart="return
false" together. What is the use of the latter part?

Randy Webb

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) said the following on 10/6/2005 2:11 PM:
> When I want to disable the select functionality, Can I just use
> onselectstart="return false"? I tried it and it works. But it seems
> people always put onselectstart="return false" ondragstart="return
> false" together. What is the use of the latter part?

Because to drag and drop I do not have to select.

Makes me glad I have crap such as that disabled in my browser though.

--
Randy