Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > newbee question 2

newbee question 2

Ross

Hi,

I want to refresh/reload the current page but I want to use the same code on
every page on the site so instead of changing the line in every page

location = 'test.php';
location = 'test2.php';
location = 'test3.php';
location = 'test4.php';

etc.

I want a single line that will just do it no matter what the page is named.

R.

Erwin Moller

Ross wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to refresh/reload the current page but I want to use the same code
> on every page on the site so instead of changing the line in every page
>
> location = 'test.php';
> location = 'test2.php';
> location = 'test3.php';
> location = 'test4.php';
>
> etc.
>
> I want a single line that will just do it no matter what the page is
> named.
>
> R.

Hi Ross,

That is much clearer.

Try location.reload(true);

Regards,
Erwin Moller

ASM

Ross a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I want to refresh/reload the current page but I want to use the same code on
> every page on the site so instead of changing the line in every page
>
> location = 'test.php';
> location = 'test2.php';
> location = 'test3.php';
> location = 'test4.php';
>
> etc.
>
> I want a single line that will just do it no matter what the page is named.

and (once more) what is suposed to do your php ?

location = "test.php?test='+self.location;

will send url of active page as value of a variable 'test'
attached to your php's url

then in your test.php
by a php http_request (or something else like that, see a php ng)
you get url of page loaded
after ... what you'll do with that info ... no sè ...

Lee

Ross said:

>Hi,
>
>I want to refresh/reload the current page

So why didn't you title this post "Refresh/reload current page" ?

That way, somebody coming along after you, looking for information
about refreshing the current page would know that they might find
an answer in this thread.

There are also many people who choose to ignore posts that don't
give some hint about the topic in the subject line.

total newbee question Jim ODonnell Firefox 11 12-25-2004 08:24 AM
Newbee question Who ASP .Net 8 04-05-2004 07:34 PM
Newbee question: How to kill a cookie? Valmir ASP .Net 3 02-18-2004 12:58 PM
NewBee Type Question about displaying text vbGansta ASP .Net 0 02-16-2004 06:36 PM
Newbee question: Adrian Cisco 3 11-29-2003 01:46 PM

Advertisments