Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > trigger remote function from standard event

trigger remote function from standard event

robert.waters@gmail.com

Hi, I would like to execute code when the body's onload event is
triggered.
No problem to include a one-line script (such as onload="alert()") but
require more complexity. I cannot include this script anywhere else
(the only code that I can touch is in the body's onload event).
Something along the lines of 'onload="http://path-to-remote-script"'.
I cannot use window.open or location.replace, nor can i use an object's
innerHtml property, as they are all filtered. The only thing I have
been able to use is object.insertAdjacentHtml, which is an IE-specific
extension (this won't work for me).

Thank you!

-Robert

Lee

>Hi, I would like to execute code when the body's onload event is
>triggered.
>No problem to include a one-line script (such as onload="alert()") but
>require more complexity. I cannot include this script anywhere else
>(the only code that I can touch is in the body's onload event).
>Something along the lines of 'onload="http://path-to-remote-script"'.
>I cannot use window.open or location.replace, nor can i use an object's
>innerHtml property, as they are all filtered. The only thing I have
>been able to use is object.insertAdjacentHtml, which is an IE-specific
>extension (this won't work for me).

It sounds like any solution would violate either corporate security
policy or your ISP agreement.

robert.waters@gmail.com

Thank you everyone. I am performing security analysis of a popular
social networking website, disclosing results to the site admins. I'm
one of the good guys.

Javascript is filtered, for obvious reasons (but not very well,
apparently).

FYI I placed my script in a textarea and
onload=eval(getelement(textarea).value) as the system does not expect
anything executable to be present in a text object.

Thank you very much for your time, and sorry for the noise.

-Robert