Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Resizing prefs window in Mozilla

Resizing prefs window in Mozilla

David Rodgers

I am running Mozilla 1.7.2 on a Win98 system.

Unfortunately, the Mozilla preferences window cannot be dragged to
resize, and chops off many of the selections.

Can anyone suggest a way to to resize the Preferences window, other than
by making a chrome entry in the URL field?

TIA,
David

--
To reply directly, please change "off" to "on" in the
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) address

Andreas

David Rodgers wrote:

> I am running Mozilla 1.7.2 on a Win98 system.
>
> Unfortunately, the Mozilla preferences window cannot be dragged to
> resize, and chops off many of the selections.
>
> Can anyone suggest a way to to resize the Preferences window, other than
> by making a chrome entry in the URL field?
>
> TIA,
> David
>
> --
> To reply directly, please change "off" to "on" in the
> (E-Mail Removed) address

Change the screan resolution

Andreas

David Rodgers

The problem appears in all screen resolutions with the "preferences dialog",
which I mistakenly called the "prefs window".

The dialog can't be resized by dragging. I tried a complete remove and
reinstall without success, so I suspect there must be some other way to
enlarge the box, so that all selections are visible.

Advice appreciated.
DCR

--
To reply directly, please change "off" to "on" in the
(E-Mail Removed) address

Moz Champion

David Rodgers wrote:

> The problem appears in all screen resolutions with the "preferences dialog",
> which I mistakenly called the "prefs window".
>
> The dialog can't be resized by dragging. I tried a complete remove and
> reinstall without success, so I suspect there must be some other way to
> enlarge the box, so that all selections are visible.
>
> Advice appreciated.
> DCR
>
> Andreas wrote:
>

>>David Rodgers wrote:
>>

>>>I am running Mozilla 1.7.2 on a Win98 system.
>>>
>>>Unfortunately, the Mozilla preferences window cannot be dragged to
>>>resize, and chops off many of the selections.
>>>
>>>Can anyone suggest a way to to resize the Preferences window, other than
>>>by making a chrome entry in the URL field?
>>>
>>>TIA,
>>>David
>>>
>>>--
>>>To reply directly, please change "off" to "on" in the
>>>(E-Mail Removed) address
>>>

>>Change the screan resolution
>>
>>Andreas
>>--
>>Information wanted: http://www.ltinc.net/sass/

> --
> To reply directly, please change "off" to "on" in the
> (E-Mail Removed) address

Um, did you modify your UA string? That doesnt appear to be Mozilla
1.7.2 at least.

Did you install OVER previous versions? Or did you do a complete fresh
install (as recommended)?

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org