Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Can I save file to the server?

Can I save file to the server?

Geoff Cox

Hello,

At the moment the data from my web page Javscript app is sent to me
by email via a form and a cgi program. Is it possible to save this
data to a file on the server?

If yes, how do I do this?!

Thanks

Geoff

McKirahan

"Geoff Cox" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> At the moment the data from my web page Javscript app is sent to me
> by email via a form and a cgi program. Is it possible to save this
> data to a file on the server?
>
> If yes, how do I do this?!
>
> Thanks
>
> Geoff

Sure, what do you want to use and what does your server (Web host?) support?

ASP, PHP, Perl ...

Geoff Cox

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 14:35:07 -0500, "McKirahan" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Geoff Cox" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Hello,
>>
>> At the moment the data from my web page Javscript app is sent to me
>> by email via a form and a cgi program. Is it possible to save this
>> data to a file on the server?
>>
>> If yes, how do I do this?!
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Geoff

>Sure, what do you want to use and what does your server (Web host?) support?

Hello,

I can write Perl and php scripts on the web host server - either of
these OK?

Any sample code that you know of?

Cheers

Geoff

>ASP, PHP, Perl ...

David Dorward

Geoff Cox wrote:

> At the moment the data from my web page Javscript app is sent to me
> by email via a form and a cgi program. Is it possible to save this
> data to a file on the server?
>
> If yes, how do I do this?!

Modify your CGI script to store it on the server instead of / as well as
emailing. I'd strongly suggest using a database rather then a file though.

http://search.cpan.org/~timb/DBI-1.48/DBI.pm

This is entirely irrelevant to JavaScript though.

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

McKirahan

"Geoff Cox" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

[snip]

> I can write Perl and php scripts on the web host server - either of
> these OK?
>
> Any sample code that you know of?
>
> Cheers
>
> Geoff

You'll probably find something here:

http://www.scriptarchive.com/

http://www.devdaily.com/Dir/Perl/CGI/Forms/

Geoff Cox

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 15:26:00 -0500, "McKirahan" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>You'll probably find something here:
>
>http://www.scriptarchive.com/
>
>http://www.devdaily.com/Dir/Perl/CGI/Forms/

Thanks for the links.

Cheers

Geoff

Geoff Cox

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 21:22:10 +0100, David Dorward <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Modify your CGI script to store it on the server instead of / as well as
>emailing. I'd strongly suggest using a database rather then a file though.
>
>http://search.cpan.org/~timb/DBI-1.48/DBI.pm
>
>This is entirely irrelevant to JavaScript though.

David,

Thanks for the link.

Any experience of saving data in a format which can be used by the
SPSS statistics package? Just a wild one!

Cheers

Geoff