Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Neither IE-Debugger or Mozilla/Venkman debugger can step through dynamically added code?

Neither IE-Debugger or Mozilla/Venkman debugger can step through dynamically added code?

Robert Oschler

I have some Javascript code that I create at run-time which I then write
into the host document dynamically. I can't seem to get the IE/MSDEV
debugger nor the Mozilla/Venkman debugger to properly trace the source, even
though it has proper linefeeds in it. They both jump around odd lines in
the the original HTML/PHP document when I try to step through the code.

Does anyone know how to set things up so I can trace dynamically created
code comfortably?

Thanks.

Mcginkel

Robert,

Try the "pretty print" button in venkman. That works for me.
Second option is to close all source windows and double click on the
call stack so a new fresch window is opened.

Kees