Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > "A page can have only one server-side Form tag." when NONE exist!

"A page can have only one server-side Form tag." when NONE exist!

ScottF

There was a problem with ASP.Net 1.1 creating/generating bad
javascript on html pages that I ran into and on the KB page that I had
found at the time it said that the problem was fixed in the .Net
Framework 1.1 SP 1.

So, I ran "NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe" thus installing that SP and now
I'm getting this very strange "A page can have only one server-side
Form tag." error and am wondering if anyone knows how to fix it. The
thing is, I commented out ALL of the <form> tags on my main
(Default.aspx) page and I STILL get this @#$#en error.

I have no clue what to do now because this error makes absolutely no
sense. Should I uninstall the SP, or... ? The text version of the
error page I'm getting is;

Server Error in '/PTa01' Application.

A page can have only one server-side Form tag.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: A page can have only one
server-side Form tag.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:
[HttpException (0x80004005): A page can have only one server-side Form
tag.]
System.Web.UI.Page.OnFormRender(HtmlTextWriter writer, String
formUniqueID)
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren (HtmlTextWriter
writer)
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Re nder(HtmlTextWriter
writer)
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTex tWriter output)
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWrite r writer)
System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWrite r writer)
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren (HtmlTextWriter
writer)
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Re nder(HtmlTextWriter
writer)
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTex tWriter output)
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWrite r writer)
System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032;
ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

** end

Notice how my page (again, Default.aspx) isn't even mentioned in the
call stack.

ANY help/ideas appreciated!!
Thanks!
-Scott F.

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Well, you do need a Form tag. <grin>

Did the sp require a reboot?

Is it possible that this is somehow related to the problem in the files in
the aspnet_client folder in the service pack?

http://weblogs.asp.net/pwilson/archi...16/230591.aspx

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...