Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Visual Studio question

Visual Studio question

ChInKPoInt [No MCSD]

I have a stupid question about Vstudio..

How do I configure Vstudio so that I can easily deploy my web Asp.net pages
without including those .cs files (code behind)? Those .cs will be compiled
as .dll in the /bin folder right? I tried playing with "Debug" , "Release"
and "Configuration Manager" but seems not able to figure out.. help.

=?Utf-8?B?SWFuIFN1dHRsZQ==?=

There is a "Copy Project" option. Click on your Project in your Solution
Explorer (in VSS). 4 icons appear at the top - the first is "Refresh" and
the second is "Copy Project". This will allow you to choose the option to
copy only necessary files to another location. This option will exclude all
..cs files and only deploy the aspx, asmx, ascx, web.config, DLL files, etc,
no code-behind source. Then you will need to copy your newly created
directory of files to the destination server. A common method of doing so is
XCopy.

Thanks,
Ian Suttle
http://www.IanSuttle.com

"ChInKPoInt [No MCSD]" wrote:

> I have a stupid question about Vstudio..
>
> How do I configure Vstudio so that I can easily deploy my web Asp.net pages
> without including those .cs files (code behind)? Those .cs will be compiled
> as .dll in the /bin folder right? I tried playing with "Debug" , "Release"
> and "Configuration Manager" but seems not able to figure out.. help.

ChInKPoInt [No MCSD]

I don't have VSS installed, seems like I don't have that Icon.

There are 3 icons in Solutoin Explorer:

1. Refresh 2. Show All Files 3. Properties

Please help..........

"Ian Suttle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> There is a "Copy Project" option. Click on your Project in your Solution
> Explorer (in VSS). 4 icons appear at the top - the first is "Refresh" and
> the second is "Copy Project". This will allow you to choose the option to
> copy only necessary files to another location. This option will exclude

all
> .cs files and only deploy the aspx, asmx, ascx, web.config, DLL files,

etc,
> no code-behind source. Then you will need to copy your newly created
> directory of files to the destination server. A common method of doing so

is
> XCopy.
>
> Thanks,
> Ian Suttle
> http://www.IanSuttle.com
>
> "ChInKPoInt [No MCSD]" wrote:
>
> > I have a stupid question about Vstudio..
> >
> > How do I configure Vstudio so that I can easily deploy my web Asp.net

pages
> > without including those .cs files (code behind)? Those .cs will be

compiled
> > as .dll in the /bin folder right? I tried playing with "Debug" ,

"Release"
> > and "Configuration Manager" but seems not able to figure out.. help.

=?Utf-8?B?SWFuIFN1dHRsZQ==?=

Sorry, I meant to say VS (Visual Studio), not VSS. Are you running VS 2003?

Ian Suttle
http://www.IanSuttle.com