Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Opening multiple links with one click

Opening multiple links with one click

Will Sutton

Hi,

I've been using Mozilla for a while now, but I still
haven't found one of the features that some people go on
about and I'd find extremely useful: opening multiple
links with one click.

Generally speaking there are some websites that I check
everyday, and so I'd quite like to be able to open them
with one click.

Admittedly the time I'd save with this over the course
of my lifetime is probably outweighed by the time it's
taken to write this message, but it's always interesting
to learn. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Jan Steffen

Will Sutton schrieb:
> I've been using Mozilla for a while now, but I still
> haven't found one of the features that some people go on
> about and I'd find extremely useful: opening multiple
> links with one click.
>
> Generally speaking there are some websites that I check
> everyday, and so I'd quite like to be able to open them
> with one click.
>
> Admittedly the time I'd save with this over the course
> of my lifetime is probably outweighed by the time it's
> taken to write this message, but it's always interesting
> to learn. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

You can bookmark a group of tabs:
Open all your favorite pages in tabs. File bookmark and mark "group
of tab" checked.
Very convenient.

HTH, Jan

Will Sutton

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Will Sutton schrieb:
> > I've been using Mozilla for a while now, but I still
> > haven't found one of the features that some people go on
> > about and I'd find extremely useful: opening multiple
> > links with one click.
> >
> > Generally speaking there are some websites that I check
> > everyday, and so I'd quite like to be able to open them
> > with one click.
> >
> > Admittedly the time I'd save with this over the course
> > of my lifetime is probably outweighed by the time it's
> > taken to write this message, but it's always interesting
> > to learn. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

> You can bookmark a group of tabs:
> Open all your favorite pages in tabs. File bookmark and mark "group
> of tab" checked.
> Very convenient.
>
> HTH, Jan

It all seems so obvious now... Thanks very much.

Andreas

Will Sutton wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>
>>Will Sutton schrieb:
>>
>>>I've been using Mozilla for a while now, but I still
>>>haven't found one of the features that some people go on
>>>about and I'd find extremely useful: opening multiple
>>>links with one click.
>>>
>>>Generally speaking there are some websites that I check
>>>everyday, and so I'd quite like to be able to open them
>>>with one click.
>>>
>>>Admittedly the time I'd save with this over the course
>>>of my lifetime is probably outweighed by the time it's
>>>taken to write this message, but it's always interesting
>>>to learn. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

>>You can bookmark a group of tabs:
>>Open all your favorite pages in tabs. File bookmark and mark "group
>> of tab" checked.
>>Very convenient.
>>
>>HTH, Jan
>>

> It all seems so obvious now... Thanks very much.

Look into the extensions of either Multizilla
http://multizilla.mozdev.org/ or Tab Browser Extension (TBE for short)
http://white.sakura.ne.jp/~piro/xul/...nsions.html.en. Both
programs with give you extended Tab functions. My preference is
Multizilla, because it give you tab, user agent functions, hidden
settings ability, Refer settings, and more.

Andreas