Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Javascript debugging API

Javascript debugging API

Stephen Kellett

Hi Folks,

With Mozilla there is a well documented Javascript debugging API that
you can call from C/C++. I've been trying to identify if there is a
documented API that you can use for the same purpose with Internet
Explorer.

There are various COM interfaces but again I haven't been able to
identify if there is a debugging COM API for Internet Explorer.

I've tried Google but not found anything. Maybe I've not typed in the
magic combination of words to get the right results.

Does anyone know of a C/C++ callable API for debugging Javascript calls
with Internet Explorer?

Hoping some of you can shed some light on this.

Cheers

Stephen
--
Stephen Kellett
Object Media Limited http://www.objmedia.demon.co.uk/software.html

Martin Honnen

Stephen Kellett wrote:

> Does anyone know of a C/C++ callable API for debugging Javascript calls
> with Internet Explorer?

The JScript engine is just one Active scripting engine which follows the
design outlined here:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/lrfWindowsScriptInterfaces.asp>
Internet Explorer then hosts such an engine.
Debugging is treated here:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/ConActiveScriptDebuggingOverview.asp>
If you have further questions then I think in the Microsoft scripting
groups like microsoft.public.scripting.jscript on news.microsoft.com you
have more chances than here finding anyone being able to help.
One of engineers behind the JScript engine used to blog about scripting
stuff, the search engine brings up this article:
<http://blogs.msdn.com/ericlippert/archive/2004/02/15/73361.aspx>
Haven't read it but you can check yourself whether it has info you need.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Martin Honnen

Stephen Kellett wrote:

> Does anyone know of a C/C++ callable API for debugging Javascript calls
> with Internet Explorer?

This article
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/msdnmag/issues/1200/active/toc.asp>
might also help.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Stephen Kellett

In message <43089b7e$0$24164$(E-Mail Removed)-online.net>,
Martin Honnen <(E-Mail Removed)> writes

Thank you for the info Martin.

Stephen