Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > First load vs. back

First load vs. back

Igor Planinc

Is it possible to differentiate between the followig two cases:
1. user comes to a page by clicking on a link, submitting a form or some other
(?) "regular" way, and
2. user comes to that same page by clicking browsers back button?

What I'd like to do is give focus to a text field of a form when the page is
loaded, but not when the page is "reused" by clicking on a back button. Can this
be done with javascript?

Igor Planinc

> Is it possible to differentiate between the followig two cases:
> 1. user comes to a page by clicking on a link, submitting a form or some
> other (?) "regular" way, and
> 2. user comes to that same page by clicking browsers back button?
>
> What I'd like to do is give focus to a text field of a form when the
> page is loaded, but not when the page is "reused" by clicking on a back
> button. Can this be done with javascript?

Guess not. Way to go!
Not.

How does a dynamic control load post back data across post back?? =?Utf-8?B?Z29yaWxsYQ==?= ASP .Net 1 05-25-2007 05:02 AM
back to back cable sbab Cisco 2 10-21-2003 01:09 AM
Configuring VPN through Cisco PIX and ISA Server in Back-to-back scenario Dejan Gambin Cisco 0 10-16-2003 01:53 PM
back-to-back with ISDN Fiber Optic Cisco 8 07-25-2003 07:33 AM
Cisco 2610 back to back serial connection problem - please help pandula Cisco 1 07-10-2003 01:21 PM

Advertisments