Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Extensions

Extensions

Chuck

I have an extension, DOM Inspector, which was of the first extensions I
downloaded. It apparently is a document tool.

I always get an error message saying that it could not update when I go to
update my extensions. I also cannot locate the extension anywhere. Can
anyone remind me what this extension does so I can remember why I got it?
Is it still available?

If I click the update button on my extensions window, does it get updates
for every extension I have?

--
I am not running for office and I approve of this message.

Grinder

Chuck wrote:

> I have an extension, DOM Inspector, which
> was of the first extensions I downloaded.
> It apparently is a document tool.

[snip]

> Can anyone remind me what this extension
> does so I can remember why I got it?
> Is it still available?

[snip]

It is installed with Firefox if you select the "Developer Tools" option.
It will show you all of the "nodes" of your HTML document in a
manner that emphasizes its structure, rather than its presentation.
Fire it up and take a look at something simple like www.google.com

Chuck

> It is installed with Firefox if you select the "Developer Tools" option.
> It will show you all of the "nodes" of your HTML document in a
> manner that emphasizes its structure, rather than its presentation.
> Fire it up and take a look at something simple like www.google.com

Ok, I'm a confused. I got the Web Developer 0.8 extension. I see it in my
extension list. I also see DOM inspector in my extension list, however I
don't remember installing it, I can't update it, nor can I find it listed
anywhere on the extension web site. I can got to Tools->DOM inspector and
view the specifics you mentioned.

I still can't figure out where the DOM inspector extension is on the
website, and why I get an error message when trying to update it.