Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > validator stop working

validator stop working

z f

Hi,

i have a vb.net web application that uses validators.
on my dev machine (Xp pro) it works fine.
on the hosting machine (win2003) the validator (client side and server
side ) stop working.
i thought it might be related to norton internet security, so i disable it,
but it also don't explain why local works and hosting not.

and most of all why server side validation don't work.

any suggestion might help solving this weird problem.

TIA, z.

z f

to add information when i compare the sources of the HTML generated by the
different pages, the defferences are:
(is this only framework versions [X-AspNet-Version: 1.1.4322 header for
both, but maybe on defferent OS - behave deferently...)
(or it might be a configuration problem/differences)
please advise....

the form tag have
local:
onsubmit="if (!ValidatorOnSubmit()) return false;"
hosting:
onsubmit="ValidatorOnSubmit();"

for the submit buttons i have
local:
onclick="if (typeof(Page_ClientValidate) == 'function')
Page_ClientValidate(); "
hosting:
--nothing for onclick--

the validation scripts in the bottom of the page are also different:
local
<!--
var Page_ValidationActive = false;
if (typeof(clientInformation) != "undefined" &&
clientInformation.appName.indexOf("Explorer") != -1) {
if (typeof(Page_ValidationVer) == "undefined")
alert("Unable to find script library
'/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js'. Try placing this
file manually, or reinstall by running 'aspnet_regiis -c'.");
else if (Page_ValidationVer != "125")
alert("This page uses an incorrect version of WebUIValidation.js.
The page expects version 125. The script library is " + Page_ValidationVer +
".");
else
ValidatorOnLoad();
}

function ValidatorOnSubmit() {
if (Page_ValidationActive) {
return ValidatorCommonOnSubmit();
}
return true;
}
// -->
</script>

hosting:
<script language="javascript">
<!--
var Page_ValidationActive = false;
if (typeof(clientInformation) != "undefined" &&
clientInformation.appName.indexOf("Explorer") != -1) {
if ((typeof(Page_ValidationVer) != "undefined") && (Page_ValidationVer
== "125"))
ValidatorOnLoad();
}

function ValidatorOnSubmit() {
if (Page_ValidationActive) {
ValidatorCommonOnSubmit();
}
}
// -->
</script>

=?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljay5PLklnZQ==?=

Is there an Error or it just doesn't FIRE?
But is your script ok?
It might be your aspnet_client (IN your wwwroot folder)
Try running "aspnet_regiis -c" from command!!
Patrick

"z f" wrote:

> Hi,
>

> i have a vb.net web application that uses validators.
> on my dev machine (Xp pro) it works fine.
> on the hosting machine (win2003) the validator (client side and server
> side ) stop working.
> i thought it might be related to norton internet security, so i disable it,
> but it also don't explain why local works and hosting not.
>
> and most of all why server side validation don't work.
>
> any suggestion might help solving this weird problem.
>
> TIA, z.

z f

the aspnet_client is the same
see my other post with more information

"Patrick.O.Ige" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there an Error or it just doesn't FIRE?
> But is your script ok?
> It might be your aspnet_client (IN your wwwroot folder)
> Try running "aspnet_regiis -c" from command!!
> Patrick
>
> "z f" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >

> > i have a vb.net web application that uses validators.
> > on my dev machine (Xp pro) it works fine.
> > on the hosting machine (win2003) the validator (client side and server
> > side ) stop working.
> > i thought it might be related to norton internet security, so i disable

it,
> > but it also don't explain why local works and hosting not.
> >
> > and most of all why server side validation don't work.
> >
> > any suggestion might help solving this weird problem.
> >
> > TIA, z.

=?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljay5PLklnZQ==?=

Try checking for Page.IsValid in ur Script
and try re-installing

"z f" wrote:

> to add information when i compare the sources of the HTML generated by the
> different pages, the defferences are:
> (is this only framework versions [X-AspNet-Version: 1.1.4322 header for
> both, but maybe on defferent OS - behave deferently...)
> (or it might be a configuration problem/differences)
> please advise....
>

> the form tag have
> local:
> onsubmit="if (!ValidatorOnSubmit()) return false;"
> hosting:
> onsubmit="ValidatorOnSubmit();"
>

> for the submit buttons i have
> local:
> onclick="if (typeof(Page_ClientValidate) == 'function')
> Page_ClientValidate(); "
> hosting:
> --nothing for onclick--
>

> the validation scripts in the bottom of the page are also different:
> local
> <!--
> var Page_ValidationActive = false;
> if (typeof(clientInformation) != "undefined" &&
> clientInformation.appName.indexOf("Explorer") != -1) {
> if (typeof(Page_ValidationVer) == "undefined")
> alert("Unable to find script library
> '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js'. Try placing this
> file manually, or reinstall by running 'aspnet_regiis -c'.");
> else if (Page_ValidationVer != "125")
> alert("This page uses an incorrect version of WebUIValidation.js.
> The page expects version 125. The script library is " + Page_ValidationVer +
> ".");
> else
> ValidatorOnLoad();
> }
>
> function ValidatorOnSubmit() {
> if (Page_ValidationActive) {
> return ValidatorCommonOnSubmit();
> }
> return true;
> }
> // -->
> </script>
>

> hosting:
> <script language="javascript">
> <!--
> var Page_ValidationActive = false;
> if (typeof(clientInformation) != "undefined" &&
> clientInformation.appName.indexOf("Explorer") != -1) {
> if ((typeof(Page_ValidationVer) != "undefined") && (Page_ValidationVer
> == "125"))
> ValidatorOnLoad();
> }
>
> function ValidatorOnSubmit() {
> if (Page_ValidationActive) {
> ValidatorCommonOnSubmit();
> }
> }
> // -->
> </script>

z f

i'm checking isValid.

the changes are probably in the framework since the script library is the
same ( i checked it)
but what are they exactly, for god sake?
it's a hosting i can't do anything.
and the framework version is the same.
is there any check on the framework i can do in my code to make sure
everything i need or configuration settings is OK at run-time?

> [...]

WebUIValidation.js.
> > The page expects version 125. The script library is " +

Page_ValidationVer +
> > ".");
> > else
> > ValidatorOnLoad();
> > }
> >
> > function ValidatorOnSubmit() {
> > if (Page_ValidationActive) {
> > return ValidatorCommonOnSubmit();
> > }
> > return true;
> > }
> > // -->
> > </script>
> >

> > hosting:
> > <script language="javascript">
> > <!--
> > var Page_ValidationActive = false;
> > if (typeof(clientInformation) != "undefined" &&
> > clientInformation.appName.indexOf("Explorer") != -1) {
> > if ((typeof(Page_ValidationVer) != "undefined") &&

Jignesh Desai

Copy aspnet_client from your XP machine to your Win2003 machine under you
website folder.

-Regards,
Jignesh

"z f" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>

> i have a vb.net web application that uses validators.
> on my dev machine (Xp pro) it works fine.
> on the hosting machine (win2003) the validator (client side and server
> side ) stop working.
> i thought it might be related to norton internet security, so i disable

it,
> but it also don't explain why local works and hosting not.
>
> and most of all why server side validation don't work.
>
> any suggestion might help solving this weird problem.
>
> TIA, z.

z. f.

i did exactly that, but notice that the differrences are in the generated HTML by the framework, not in the referenced js script files.