Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > visibility:hidden vs display:none

visibility:hidden vs display:none

VK

visibility:hidden vs display:none

I guess I *feel* the difference (or maybe not) Could anyone put it in
words for me?

Christopher J. Hahn

VK wrote:
> visibility:hidden vs display:none
>
> I guess I *feel* the difference (or maybe not) Could anyone put it in
> words for me?

Quick answer:
visibility: none; the element is still there, still the same size,
still covering things and taking up space, you just can't see it.

display: none; it's actually completely collapsed, taking up no space
and not covering anything.

Also, the way the attributes affect child elements differs. For more
detail, I recommend: comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheet