Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Drop down menu hides behind flash object?

Drop down menu hides behind flash object?

Byron

Hey,

I just noticed a little quirk in two different javascript drop-down
menus on two different sites:

On each site, the part of the menu that expands gets hidden behind flash
objects on the page.

Here's an example:

http://www.taedisonhs.org/success/studentWorks.asp

The menu is at the top of the page.

Is this a fact of life, or can it be fixed?

Thanks.

Martin Honnen

Byron wrote:

> On each site, the part of the menu that expands gets hidden behind flash
> objects on the page.

> Is this a fact of life, or can it be fixed?

Plugin contents is usually rendered on top of normal content but for
Flash on the Windows platform (at least there with IE, recent Mozilla
and recent Opera) you can set
<embed wmode="transparent"
src="whatever.swf">
and then CSS z-index works as normal on the embed and other elements in
the page. But that setting affects Flash drawing performance, it
deteriorates.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/