Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Tabbrowser extension killed Firefox

Tabbrowser extension killed Firefox

J Taylor

I hope this is the correct place to ask this...

Firefox 0.9.3, Windows XP

Firefox was working just fine, then I installed the tabbrowser extension as
mentioned in the FAQ:

http://texturizer.net/firefox/faq.html#newwindow

Now Firefox won't even start up. I've tried uninstalling Firefox, and then
reinstalling it and it still won't start up. It comes up with a "window"
that I can't even close, it says:

" XML Parsing error:undefined edtity
Location: chrome://tabextensions/content/initializeDefaultPref.xul
Line Number 117, Column 3:

<checkbox id="anotherbinding"
label="&inition.anotherbinding;"/>

--^ "

The only way I get rid of that window is to go ctrl-alt-del and kill
firefox.exe

How do I get rid of this, or do I just give up on Firefox?

Phillip Bryant

J Taylor wrote:
> I hope this is the correct place to ask this...
>
> Firefox 0.9.3, Windows XP
>
> Firefox was working just fine, then I installed the tabbrowser extension as
> mentioned in the FAQ:
>
> http://texturizer.net/firefox/faq.html#newwindow
>
> Now Firefox won't even start up. I've tried uninstalling Firefox, and then
> reinstalling it and it still won't start up. It comes up with a "window"
> that I can't even close, it says:
>
> " XML Parsing error:undefined edtity
> Location: chrome://tabextensions/content/initializeDefaultPref.xul
> Line Number 117, Column 3:
>
> <checkbox id="anotherbinding"
> label="&inition.anotherbinding;"/>

I don't know about the error, but try running Firefox in safemode, then
in normal mode again. If this doesn't work, you can always boot in safe
mode and remove TBE (safemode doens't load any extensions).

There should be an option for safe mode in the start-menu folder you
installed to (assuming you're running Windows). If not, add -safe-mode
to the end of your Firefox shortcut (after the quotation marks).

Andreas

J Taylor wrote:

> I hope this is the correct place to ask this...
>
> Firefox 0.9.3, Windows XP
>
> Firefox was working just fine, then I installed the tabbrowser extension as
> mentioned in the FAQ:
>
> http://texturizer.net/firefox/faq.html#newwindow
>
> Now Firefox won't even start up. I've tried uninstalling Firefox, and then
> reinstalling it and it still won't start up. It comes up with a "window"
> that I can't even close, it says:
>
> " XML Parsing error:undefined edtity
> Location: chrome://tabextensions/content/initializeDefaultPref.xul
> Line Number 117, Column 3:
>
> <checkbox id="anotherbinding"
> label="&inition.anotherbinding;"/>
>
> --^ "
>
> The only way I get rid of that window is to go ctrl-alt-del and kill
> firefox.exe
>

> How do I get rid of this, or do I just give up on Firefox?

Which tabbrowser extension are you talking about? Multizilla
http://multizilla.mozdev.org/, or Tabbrowser Exenstion (TBE for short)
http://white.sakura.ne.jp/~piro/xul/...nsions.html.en, or another.

If you're using Multizilla or TBE then there is a problem with the newer
versions. Advice is to downgrade.

Andreas

mike555

"J Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<m2hSc.70602$M95.18925@pd7tw1no>...
> I hope this is the correct place to ask this...
>
> Firefox 0.9.3, Windows XP
>
> Firefox was working just fine, then I installed the tabbrowser extension as
> mentioned in the FAQ:
>
> http://texturizer.net/firefox/faq.html#newwindow
>
> Now Firefox won't even start up. I've tried uninstalling Firefox, and then
> reinstalling it and it still won't start up. It comes up with a "window"
> that I can't even close, it says:
> --- snip ----

==== I suggest starting in safe mode and uninstalling it , then you
can get " Single Window" ext. it seams to work better ( at least in
mine) ===

Tabbrowser Preferences V 2.2.2 graeme@invalid Firefox 2 03-10-2005 10:28 PM
Tabbrowser Extensions Chuck Firefox 1 10-18-2004 06:42 PM
Bug in Tabbrowser? (last tab always stays in tab list) Alexander Fischer Firefox 1 10-01-2004 07:40 AM
Tabbrowser Preferences vs. Tabbrowser Extensions Colonel Blip Firefox 1 07-13-2004 12:03 AM
"open in tabs" with Tabbrowser Extensions Lee Firefox 0 06-29-2004 08:42 PM

Advertisments