Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > flunky needs help. Using JS for IFrames

flunky needs help. Using JS for IFrames

Clyde

I have some HTML ads on server #1 that I want to display on server #2.
I don't have any control over server #2.

I need to display this ads in iframes since they are complete HTML
pages including embedded CSS info.

Since iframes don't autosize, I want to create the IFrame tag using
width and height values that change from ad to ad.

What I have is a JS file on my server containing ad info (adUrl,
adHeight, adWidth arrays). I have a function that builds a complete
IFRAME tag using the properties for a random ad. The function is
called witin a document.write() statement.

When the page initially loads, the iframe displays properly. But when
the page is refreshed and a different ad URL is chosen, the iframe's
height/width changes correctly but the IFrame's src doesn't change
(the previous ad's HTML page is shown).

Same behavior in IE & Firefox.

using iframes in Safari luckydenis2007@yahoo.com Javascript 5 03-17-2007 12:20 PM
Using frames / iframes Owen Javascript 1 09-13-2005 05:02 AM
herbertrd: Latest web page flunky gangle2 Computer Support 0 04-22-2005 06:52 AM
Using iFrames on your front page xboxsnippets.com HTML 4 01-26-2005 12:55 AM
Using iframes in java. Gareth Java 1 07-28-2003 02:46 PM

Advertisments