Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > How to remove scrollbar(s) without use of frames.

How to remove scrollbar(s) without use of frames.

Sujan

Hello all,

Is it possible to remove scrollbar(s) without using frames. Is there
any code which could be applied in body tag to remove scrollbar(s).

Thanks in adv,
Sujan

VK

IE and NN 8 only (I guess, at least not on FF):

window.document.body.scroll = 'no'; //hide
window.document.body.scroll = 'yes'; // show
window.document.body.scroll = 'auto'; // show only if needed

BootNic

> "Sujan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com....
>
> Hello all,
>
> Is it possible to remove scrollbar(s) without using frames. Is there
> any code which could be applied in body tag to remove scrollbar(s).
>
> Thanks in adv,
> Sujan

Maybe css will work.

--
BootNic Saturday, July 02, 2005 12:13 PM

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he isn't. A sense of humor was provided to
console him for what he is.
*Horace Walpole English novelist*

Sujan

Thanks,

This script works.

Sujan.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

BootNic wrote:

>> "Sujan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote: [...]
>> Is it possible to remove scrollbar(s) without using frames. Is there
>> any code which could be applied in body tag to remove scrollbar(s).

> Maybe css will work.

`overflow:auto' makes the UA to display scrollbars only if required which
is probably the default behavior, i.e. scrollbars will be displayed. One
*could* use `overflow:hidden' but I would not recommend that; rather check
the layout for errors and format the margins of the document body
accordingly.

PointedEars

Evertjan.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote on 16 jul 2005 in comp.lang.javascript:

> BootNic wrote:
>
>>> "Sujan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote: [...]
>>> Is it possible to remove scrollbar(s) without using frames. Is there
>>> any code which could be applied in body tag to remove scrollbar(s).

>> Maybe css will work.

> `overflow:auto' makes the UA to display scrollbars only if required
> which is probably the default behavior, i.e. scrollbars will be
> displayed. One *could* use `overflow:hidden' but I would not
> recommend that; rather check the layout for errors and format the
> margins of the document body accordingly.

Type this in the address bar:

javascript:document.body.style.overflow='hidden';v oid 0;

IE tested

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.